Powering Through Together
As we continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in Alaska, ML&P is implementing recommendations from the CDC (Center for Disease Control) that limit public interaction and reduce the possibility of transmitting the virus. Please note that delivery of your electrical service will not be impacted by these changes to our business practices:
- Customer Service hours have been temporarily adjusted to Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The ML&P Customer Service Lobby is temporarily closed to the public but the drive-thru window remains open for bill payment during business hours.
- ML&P Customer Service reps are available by phone 907-263-5340 during business hours for bill payment or account questions.
- The ML&P online portal remains open for bill payment any time, day or night.
- ML&P staff are also available by email at askMLP@muni.org during business hours for questions or general inquiries.
Are you experiencing financial hardship because of COVID-19?
Please call an ML&P Customer Service rep at 907-263-5340 during business hours to discuss your ML&P account and options for your situation. We understand the increasing struggles our customers are facing and are committed to working with you during this public health crisis.
NOTICE OF CUSTOMER RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES UNDER SB241:
If you are a natural person receiving residential electrical service and are experiencing financial hardship related to the COVID-19 public health disaster emergency, ML&P is prohibited from disconnecting service or imposing late fees for the duration of the emergency. In order to avoid disconnection for non-payment and late fees, a residential customer must provide a statement of financial hardship, signed under penalty of perjury, and negotiate a deferred payment agreement with ML&P. The statement of financial hardship form and deferred payment agreement form can be found below:
- ML&P Residential Disconnection Moratorium Customer Notice & Financial Hardship statement (pdf)
- ML&P Residential Deferred Payment Agreement (pdf)
- ML&P Commercial Financial Hardship statement (pdf )
- ML&P Commercial Deferred Payment Agreement (pdf)
Please email your completed Financial Hardship Statement and Deferred Payment Agreement to askMLP@muni.org or the forms can be mailed to:
Municipal Light & Power
Customer Service Department
1120 E 1st Ave
Anchorage, AK 99501
The Anchorage Economic Resiliency Task Force has a list of funding resources available to Anchorage residents and businesses impacted by COVID-19.
Visit http://www.muni.org/covid-19 for updated information about the Municipality of Anchorage’s COVID-19 response and roadmap to reopening Anchorage.